Saturday 6 July 2024

 

      Dis Manibus Sacrum

       Dear Fran,

       I just arrived from the Carmona Necropolis.

     I have been taking some photos of those tombs where they allow you to enter, because I have in mind to make a series of paintings related to this archaeological site. At the end of the tour I also stopped at its small museum since I want to paint several still lifes with the objects that are exhibited there.

     I am thinking of making the works in the style of my favorite artist, although there are two sculptures that I would like to make in the manner of E of K: one is that of Servilia and the other would be that of the Elephant.

     Fran, the place is a sanctuary of peace. You already know that I really like going to Carmona, especially when I am feeling blue, but I generally go to the Puerta de Córdoba area and wander through those streets or look out over the Vega from the Mirador.

     The almost three hours I spent among the tombs and the cypresses flown by! I think I was the only person there other than the employees. I enjoyed the views of the surroundings while the rosemary spread its aroma and I sat for a long time on one of the benches right in front of the superb Tomb of Servilia.

     Once back at home I get ready to view the photos and select material for the paintings.

     Y. a.

     Mary

No comments: