Sunday 1 October 2023

 

   Disappointment

   Dear Fran,

   I hope the same thing happens to all artists, including the best of all time.

   You already know that for the Fagin project I need to work on two aspects: one of them is the production of a series of paintings located in the city or town in which I make an exhibition with themes that, in my opinion, are closely linked to the people who live there. One of them is the production of a series of paintings located in the city or town in which I make an exhibition with themes that, in my opinion, are closely linked to the people who live there. The other aspect consists of painting any idea on a larger medium and with the aim of one day winning a prize in a contest and getting publicity.

   And now, Fran, let me get to the point. Could it be that my painting does not have the minimum quality to be displayed in a public building? Am I perhaps overvaluing my work? Am I not as good as I think I am?... Why when I offer to set up an exhibition do I not receive a response from the organizations or associations to which I make my proposal?

Y. a.

Mary

No comments: